Outline for Weekend Courses.
- 10.00 - 12.00 pm Meet and Greet.
- Introduction to studio and Gallery space.
- Basics of clay preparation and different uses of clay bodies in ceramics.
- 12.00 - 1.00 pm All students will prepare clay for their own use that day.
1.00 - 1.30 pm Break for lunch. Lunch will be
- Group split into 2.
- 1.00 - 4.00 pm On the wheel.
- Coil and slab building.
- 1.00 -4.00 pm Coil and slab building
- On the wheel
- 10.00 -12.30 An opportunity to carry on with your project with support from Stuart.
12.30 - 1.00 pm Break for lunch. Lunch will be
- 1.00 - 2.00 pm Look at basic glaze technology. Opportunity to choose glaze for the piece you are working on.
- 2.00 - 3.00 pm Carry on working on piece with support from Stuart.
- 3.00 - 4.00 pm. Recap on the course. Discuss any issues with what you have produced over the weekend,
- decide on glaze for finished pot.
Please note all work can be fired and glazed fired by Stuart and sent to you for the cost of postage after the course.